Friday, April 17, 2009

Winston Churchill Quotes...


Winston Churchill Quotes

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
~
"For I myself am an optimist - it does not seem to
be much use being anything else."
~
"Out of intense complexities intense simplicities emerge."
~
"I am easily satisfied with the very best."
~
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down to us.
Pigs treat us as equals."
~
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;
courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
~
"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in
single words - freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
~
"Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it."
~
"I'm preparing my impromptu remarks."
~
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
~
"I like a man who grins when he fights."
~
"However beautiful the strategy, you should
occasionally look at the results."
~
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to
another with no loss of enthusiasm."
~
"My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be
able to persuade my wife to marry me."
~
Lady Nancy Astor to Winston Churchill:
"Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea."
Winston Churchill:
"Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it."


1 comment:

  1. I'll go with 'spacy' - as in 'He seems so spaced out...' (people referring to yours truly) Ahem, moving right along...

    Being a kite fanatic, Winston's comment about the kite 'rising highest against the wind' leapt out at me, as well as a couple of other gems in there. That could apply to maintaining a decent blog or site too hey? Never mind, the long term results can be amazing.Hang in there, and keep up the great work on your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):