Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Let's celebrate Earth Day!...


Hi all my readers =)! Happy Earth Day 2009! Earth Day, organized in
1970, is observed in 140 nations around the world. It promotes ideas
of ecology and encourages respect for life on earth and highlights the
growing concern over pollution of the soil, air, and water.

I wanted to share with you all a website I go to daily that helps the
environment. It has daily click sites. Perhaps you can visit today and feel
like you did your part to celebrate this day. It is simple and it feels good!!

Care2 has a site that works to reduce carbon in the environment,
thus works fighting global warming. It also has a click site to save
rainforests. Please bookmark these sites and her sister sites and visit
them daily. It is something so very small we can do to help this planet
and help one another. I often think that what we view as small actions
behind our computers (and elsewhere) are really no small actions at
all and can greatly affect the lives of others.

If you would like to visit one more site to celebrate Earth Day,
I recommend visiting Care2's Daily Action Site.



Help The Rainforest

Care2 Daily Action Site


Have a super day, everyone! Val =)


3 comments:

  1. I'm doing my part today for Earth day!

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this information for everyone.

    I started going GREEN last year and makes me feel good doing it. I don't remember the last time I bought paper towels. I no longer use harsh chemicals. I purchased a H20 Steam machine and love it.

    I only use cloth shopping bags, etc. I do my best and encourage my friends to do the same.

    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Care2, Val. I frequent it often. I was raised to believe we should leave the earth a better place when we pass on than when we arrived (were born) here! xoxo Merry

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):