Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Joke - Goodbye, Mother!...

Good-bye, Mother

A young man was walking through a supermarket to pick up a few things when
he noticed an old lady following him around. Thinking nothing of it, he ignored
her and continued on. Finally he went to the checkout line when she jumped in
front of him.

"Pardon me," she said, "I'm sorry if my staring at you has made you feel
uncomfortable. It's just that you look just like my son, who I haven't seen
in a long time."

"That's a shame," replied the young man, "is there anything I can do for you?"

"Yes," she said, "as I'm leaving, can you say 'Good bye, Mother!' It would make
me feel so much better."

"Sure," answered the young man.

As the old woman left the check-out line for the exit, he waved and called out,
"Good bye, Mother!"


As he stepped up to the check-out counter, he saw that his total was $127.50.
"How can that be?" he asked, "I only purchased a few things!"

"Your mother said that you would pay for her," said the clerk.


2 comments:

  1. I've seen this one before but worth reading a second time around.

    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, it's the old "Mother Scam."

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):