Friday, April 3, 2009

Cheerfulness Quotes...



Cheerfulness Quotes

"The most certain sign of wisdom is continual cheerfulness;
her state is like the things above the moon,
always clear and serene."
- Michael de Montaigne
~
"Cheerfulness removes the rust from the mind,
lubricates our inward machinery, and enables us to do our work
with fewer creaks and groans. If people were universally cheerful,
there wouldn't be half the quarreling or a tenth part of the
wickedness there is. Cheerfulness, too, promotes health and
morality. Cheerful people live longest here on earth,
afterward in our hearts."
- Author Unknown
~
“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile,
but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”
- Thich Nhat Hanh
~
"Whoever is happy will make others happy too."
- Anne Frank
~
"A smile is the light in the window that
lets people know you're home."
- Author Unknown
~
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity.
These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along
life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable."
- Joseph Addison
~
"If I keep a green bough in my heart,
the singing bird will come."
- A Chinese Proverb
~
"A happy person is not a person in a certain
set of circumstances, but rather a person with
a certain set of attitudes."
- Hugh Downs
~
"The path to cheerfulness is to sit cheerfully and act and
speak as if cheerfulness were already there."
- William James
~
"Cheerfulness, sir, is the principle ingredient
in the composition of health."
- Arthur Murphy
~
"So of cheerfulness, or a good temper, the more
it is spent, the more it remains."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
~
"A man has to live with himself, and he should see
to it that he always has good company."
- Charles Evans Hughes
~
"When it's over, I want to say: all my life I was a
bride married to amazement. I was the bridegroom,
taking the world into my arms."
- Mary Oliver

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Val. Some say that with all the terrible things going on in the world, it's dopey to be cheeful. "How can you still have a sense of humor while the world is falling apart?" But I think every smile and every laugh holds back the storm until it eventually dies down on it's own. DB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,being cheerful is the best medicine in the world.

    Hugs,Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realize how wrong it is of me to look at, and thoroughly enjoy, your wonderful blog...yet rarely comment. My life has been upside down for a long time so I blip around here and there (often here!) and rarely comment any more.
    I do appreciate your journal...and you. I've always loved quotes, my whole life. And I must say, your selections are right up my alley!

    Thanks again, Val.

    Love,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val, I loved these! I am cheerful today. A merry heart doeth good like a medicine. (Proverbs?) Love and hugs and blessings, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these, Val! I'm going to put some on Twitter. Love you!

    krissy knox :)
    visit my main blog: Sometimes I Think
    Hey! Former AOL Journalers -- please add your blogs to our directory of blogs: from jland to blogger
    follow me on twitter:
    www.twitter.com/iamkrissy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):