This can be found at Buzzle.com:
Fun and Funny Irish Phrases
- by Kashmira Lad
- No man is an Ireland.
- You've got to do your own growing, no matter
how tall your grandfather was.
- The longest road out is the shortest road home.
- The Irish are very fair people, they never
speak well for one another.
- A quarrel is like buttermilk: once it's out of the churn,
the more you shake it, the more sour it grows.
- God invented whiskey to keep the Irish
from ruling the world.
- Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential
food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat.
- The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but the
Scots haven't seen the joke yet. - Oliver Herford
- The Irish ignore anything they can't drink or punch.
- When anyone asks me about the Irish character,
I say look at the trees. Maimed, stark and
misshapen, but ferociously tenacious.
- He is bad that will not take advice, but he is a
thousand times worse that takes every advice.
For every wound, a balm.
For every sorrow, cheer.
For every storm, a calm.
For every thirst, a beer!
- By Kashmira Lad -