Sunday, March 7, 2010

Friendship Quotes and Verses...




Friendship Quotes and Verses



"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up,
just as in fact you are doing.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11
<><

"A friend loves at all times... "
- Proverbs 17:17
<><

"The better part of one's life consists of his friendships."
- Abraham Lincoln
=

“What greater thing is there for human souls than to
feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other
in silent unspeakable memories.”
- George Eliot
=

“Friendship is the greatest of worldly goods. Certainly to me it is
the chief happiness of life. If I had to give a piece of advice to a
young man about a place to live, I think I should say, 'Sacrifice
almost everything to live where you can be near your friends.'
I know I am very fortunate in that respect.”
- C. S. Lewis
=

"A friend might well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
=

"I keep my friends as misers do their treasure, because,
of all the things granted us by wisdom, none is greater
or better than friendship."
- Pietro Aretino
=

"The most beautiful discovery true friends can make is that
they can grow separately without growing apart."
- Elisabeth Foley
=

"Women give nothing to friendship except what
they borrow from love."
- Seneca
=

"Anything will give up its secrets if you love it enough.
Not only have I found that, when I talk to the little flower
or to the little peanut, they will give up their secrets, but
I have found that when I silently commune with people they
give up their secrets also - if you love them enough."
- George Washington
=

"Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense,
and have her nonsense respected."
- Charles Lamb

1 comment:

  1. The value of a true friendship is enough to throw out all the trash of a false one.

    DB

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):