Monday, July 14, 2008

Humorous Quotes by Famous People...

Humorous Quotes by Famous People

"Some cause happiness wherever they go;
others, whenever they go."

- Oscar Wilde

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening.
But this wasn't it."

- Groucho Marx

"His mother should have thrown
him away and kept the stork."

- Mae West

"Why do you sit there looking like an
envelope without any address on it?"

- Mark Twain

"He loves nature in spite of what it did to him."
- Forrest Tucker

The exchange between Churchill & Lady Astor:
she said:

"If you were my husband
I'd give you poison."

he said:
"If you were my wife,
I'd drink it."


Thanks to Susan from Notable Quotables for the use of these quotes! Thanks, Susan!!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could be that quick with a line!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Mark Twain's; that's something to ponder over today

    hope you are well Val! (oh, that rhymes, LOL)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can picture Groucho Marx with his cigar saying that line.  He was one funny guy!!!
    Speaking of funny, these were definitely knee-slappers!!!LOL

    S.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):