Monday, July 7, 2008

Witty Presidential Quotes...

Witty Presidential Quotes...

Ronald Reagan’s most powerful tool was his self-deprecating humor. When his advanced age was used against him by Senator Mondale during the 1984 campaign, intentionally misunderstanding he quipped:

"I will not make age an issue of this campaign.
I am not going to exploit, for political purposes,
my opponent's youth and inexperience."

- Ronald Reagan

When Abraham Lincoln was accused of being two-faced. Lincoln replied:

“If I had two faces, do you think
this is the one I’d be wearing?”

- Abraham Lincoln

President John Kennedy once read a fake telegram from his rich father:

"Jack, Don't spend one dime more than is
necessary. I'll be damned if I am going
to pay for a landslide."

- John F. Kennedy (reading a fake telegram)

This effectively stole the power of the accusation that his campaign was largely financed by his father.

2 comments:

  1. Humor can definitely make or break a candidate. A quick wit shows the ability to think on one's feet, and gives the impression of being able to response promptly to anything. These are great!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved Abraham Lincoln's come back; that was a good one

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):