Why Can't We Feed The Bears?
The following views are actually suggestions and comments that have
been received by the National Forest Service from visitors to our
- "Need more signs to keep the park pristine."
- "Escalators would help on steep uphill areas of the hiking trails."
- "More families would enjoy the parks and city children could
learn more about nature if the Parks Department would provide
services that include arcades, water slides and child care."
- "A big hotel with a golf course and even a convention center
would attract more people to this natural beauty."
- "Instead of a permit system or fees, the Forest Service needs to
reduce worldwide population growth to limit the number of
visitors to the wilderness."
- "Trails need to be wider so people can walk while holding hands."
- "All the mile markers are missing this year."
- "We found a smoldering cigarette left by a horse."
- "Many trails need to be reconstructed. Please avoid building
ones that go uphill."
- "Too many bugs and leeches and spider webs. Please spray
wilderness areas to rid them of these pests."
- "Please pave the trails so they can be plowed of snow in
- "Chair lifts need to be in some places so that we can get to the
wonderful views without having to hike to them."
- "The coyotes made too much noise last night and kept me awake.
Please eradicate these annoying animals."
- "It would be nice to have the Kodak scenic markers so we could
identify the photographic sites."
- "I like all the trees but you need to plant some flowers. Flower
gardens would be so pretty in the forest."
- "The giant trees are spectacular but there are too many of the
same kind; you should plant different types, for variety."
- "Reflectors need to be placed on the trees every 50 feet so people
could hike at night with flashlights."
- "You should have a petting zoo here so that the children could
touch the squirrels, deer and bears."
- "I was stung by a bee; you should have warning signs."
- "A McDonald's would be a nice sight at the trailhead."
- "The places where trails do not exist are not well marked."
- "Too many rocks on the mountains."
- "A deer came into my camp and stole my bag of chips.
Is there away I can get reimbursed: Please call... "