Friday, February 20, 2009

Helen Keller quotes...





Helen Keller Quotes

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through
experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened,
ambition inspired, and success achieved.”


"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."


"To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more
welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug."


"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty
to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."


"We may have found a cure for most evils; but we have found no
remedy for the worst of them all, the apathy of human beings."


"What we have once enjoyed we can never lose.
All that we love deeply becomes a part of us."


"Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it,
we can never do anything wise in this world."


"True happiness... is not attained through self-gratification,
but through fidelity to a worthy purpose."


"All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming."


"Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and
your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties."


"Never bend your head. Always hold it high.
Look the world straight in the eye."


"What I am looking for is not out there, it is in me."


"Walking with a friend in the dark is better
than walking alone in the light."


"One can never consent to creep when
one feels an impulse to soar."

1 comment:

  1. I love these two:

    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better
    than walking alone in the light."

    "Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in this world."

    But then again, I love them all! Sissy, that first one I picked for you and me, of course! :)Love you!

    krissy knox :)
    my main blog: Sometimes I Think
    Hey Jlanders (former AOL Journalers/bloggers)! Please post your blogs in the Directory of Blogs: from jland to blogger
    Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/iamkrissy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):