Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Joke - Mental Release

Mental Release

A man who had been in a mental hospital for some years finally seemed to have improved to the point where it was thought he might be released.

The head of the institution, in a fit of commendable caution, decided, however, to interview him first.

"Tell me," said he, "if we release you, as we are considering doing, what do you intend to do with your life?"

The patient said, "It would be wonderful to get back to real life, and if I do, I will certainly refrain from making my former mistake. I was a nuclear physicist, you know, and it was the stress of my work in weapons research that helped put me here. If I am released, I shall confine myself to work in pure theory, where I trust the situation will be less difficult and stressful."

"Marvelous," said the head of the institution.

"Or else," ruminated the patient, "I might teach. There is something to be said for spending one's life bringing up a new generation of scientists."

"Absolutely," said the head.

"Then again, I might write. There is considerable need for books on science for the general public. Or I might even write a novel based on my experiences in this fine institution."

"An interesting possibility," said the head.

"And finally, if none of these things appeal to me, I can always continue to be a teakettle."

Thanks to
Krissy
for this joke!!

6 comments:

  1. LOL!!! somehow I don't think they are going to release a tea kettle back into society :)

    what a cute joke

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yep, I'd guess the guy is staying right where he's at.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and I'm a little teapot...Dannelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I think that is hilarious, LOL.  I hope nobody found it hilarious.  I, afterall, am a certified teapot myself, LOL.

    Krissy :)
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I messed up on my comment below, Val!  I meant to say this:

    Of course I think that is hilarious, LOL.  I hope nobody found it OFFENSIVE.  I, afterall, am a certified teapot myself, LOL.

    Krissy :)
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I like this one a lot.  DB  (The Broom)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):