Friday, September 5, 2008

Famous Presidential Quotes...

Since we have been experiencing Presidential conventions
and the election really isn't that far off, I thought I would
give you all some Presidential quotes. Enjoy!...

Presidential Quotes

"One man with courage is a majority."

- Thomas Jefferson

"A little flattery will support a man through great fatigue."

- James Monroe

"The best way to enhance freedom in other lands is to demonstrate
here that our democratic system is worthy of emulation."

- James Earl Carter

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall."

- Ronald Wilson Reagan

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"It is not strange . . . to mistake change for progress."
- Millard Fillmore

"The storm of frenzy and faction must inevitably dash itself
in vain against the unshaken rock of the Constitution."

- Franklin Pierce

"But I contend that the strongest of all
governments is that which is most free."

- William Henry Harrison

"Do I not destroy my enemies when
I make them my friends?"

- Abraham Lincoln

"I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessing
on this house (the White House) and on all that shall
hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise
men ever rule under this roof!"

- John Adams

Do you have a favorite quote? Does one really stir you?

3 comments:

  1. I don't really have a particular favorite, but I love the writings of Thomas Jefferson. I remember standing inside the Jefferson Memorial, and looking up and reading his words, just feeling awestruck. It chokes me up just thinking about it, because what a visionary and what a remarkable man to have framed the basis of our government and our philosophy as a nation.

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Abraham Lincoln's one! imagine how it would be if enemies were able to become friends!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i love them all!  thanks for finding these val!  how truly, truly inspiring!

    Krissy :)
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):