Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Joke - The Parrot...



The Parrot

(A Thanksgiving classic)

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift.
The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary.
Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and
laced with profanity. John tried very hard to change the
bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words,
playing soft music, and doing anything else he could think of
to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary. Finally, John was fed
up and he screamed at the parrot.

The parrot yelled back. John hollered even louder and the
parrot got angrier and even ruder. John, in desperation,
threw up his hands, grabbed the bird and put him in the
freezer.

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and
screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep
was heard for over a minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the
parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer.

The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched
arms and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my
rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my
inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do
everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable
behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude.

As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a
dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued,
"May I ask what the turkey did?"


2 comments:

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):