Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Joke - Fitness for Seniors...





Fitness for Seniors

I came across this exercise, suggested for seniors, to build
muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It seems easy,
so I thought I'd pass it on. The article suggests trying to
do the exercise three days a week.

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface where you have
plenty of room on each side of your body.

With a five-pound potato sack in each hand, extend your arms
straight out from each side, and hold them there as long as you
can. Try to reach a full minute, then put down your arms and
relax. Each day you'll find that you can hold this position just
a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to ten-pound sacks. Next,
move up to 50-pound sacks, and eventually try to get to 100-
pound sacks in each hand, while holding your arms straight
for more than a full minute.

Once you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of
the sacks.



2 comments:

  1. This is funny Val.. Before I got to the punch line I was thinking that if I could carry a 50 pound sack of pottoes home from the market I don't need that exercise.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Val....this is good.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):