Friday, October 15, 2010

Quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt...




Quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt


"Friendship with one's self is all important, because without it
one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world."


"He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend,
loses much more; He who loses faith, loses all."

"It is not fair to ask of others what you are unwilling to do
yourself."


"Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive.
One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life."


"Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a
good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give."


"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough
to make them all yourself."


"If we want a free and peaceful world - if we want to make the deserts
bloom and man grow to greater dignity as a human being - we can do it."


"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people."


"Beautiful young people are accidents of nature,
but beautiful old people are works of art."


"I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered.
But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalog:
'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.'"


"Life has got to be lived - that's all there is to it. At 70,
I would say the advantage is that you take life more calmly.
You know that 'this too shall pass!'"



1 comment:

  1. Very good Val. I must admit my favorite one is the one about great minds, average minds and small minds. I hope I am in the right catagory.
    D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):