Sunday, October 17, 2010

Quotes and Verses On The Holy Bible...




Quotes and Verses On The Holy Bible


"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God."
- John 1:1


"The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us.
We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only,
who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."
- John 1:14



"The Bible is the cradle wherein Christ is laid."
- Martin Luther


"I am a creature of a day. I am a spirit come from God,
and returning to God. I want to know one thing: the way to
Heaven. God himself has condescended to teach me the way.
He has written it down in a book. Oh, give me that book!
At any price give me the book of God.
Let me be a man of one book."
- John Wesley


"The Bible is a harp with a thousand strings.
Play on one to the exclusion of its relationship to the others,
and you will develop discord. Play on all of them, keeping
them in their places in the divine scale, and you will hear
heavenly music all the time."
- William P. White


"It will greatly help you to understand scripture if you note –
not only what is spoken and written, but of whom and to whom,
with what words, at what time, where, to what intent, with what
circumstances, considering what goes before and what follows."
- Miles Coverdale


"Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture
they do not understand, but the passages that bother me
are those I do understand."
- Mark Twain


"When you read God's Word,
you must constantly be saying to yourself,
'It is talking to me, and about me.'"
- Soren Kierkegaard


"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers
for all the problems men face."
- Ronald Reagan


"It is impossible to rightly govern the world
without God and the Bible."
- George Washington


"Knowing the Word of God does not necessarily mean
that we know the God of the Word."
- Chip Brogden


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):