Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quotes and a Verse About Courage...



Quotes and a Verse About Courage

"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them;
for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not
leave you nor forsake you."
- Deuteronomy 31:6
<><

"The tears of faithfulness to your beliefs cleanse your spirit to envision
the road ahead. Everything is possible for the person who believes."
- Adlin Sinclair
1

"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have
perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that
we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost,
must be attained."
- Madam Marie Curie
1

"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones;
and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in
peace. God is awake."
- Victor Hugo
1

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."
- Jack Dempsey
1

"It is courage, courage, courage,
that raises the blood of life to crimson splendor.
Live bravely and present a brave front to adversity."
- Horace
1

"The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure."
- Sven Goran Eriksson
1

"Courage is simply the willingness to be afraid and act anyway."
- Dr. Robert Anthony
1

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."
- Harriet Beecher Stowe
1

"The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose,
you have lost."
- George Shultz
1

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice
at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow."
- Mary Anne Radmacher
1

"Aerodynamically, the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly,
but the bumblebee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyway."
- Mary Kay Ash
1

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe,
and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
- Christopher Robin to Pooh


2 comments:

  1. Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. John Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie,
    I love all of these of course, but most admit since I am crazy about Winnie and The Pooh, that I love that one best. That one touched me from my head to my toes. That's how you inspire me. If I can inspire one person in my whole life the way you do so many, I will feel I've done pretty good. You are an exceptional person. You know that, right?
    Love,
    Merry

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):