Sunday, January 17, 2010

Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes...





Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes



"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about
things that matter."
~•~

"Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek,
but a means by which we arrive at that goal."
~•~

"Life's most persistent and urgent question is,
'What are you doing for others?'"
~•~

"All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance
and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence."
~•~

"We must use time creatively."
~•~

"Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has
made the world better."
~•~

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don't
see the whole staircase.”
~•~

"A lie cannot live."
~•~

"A man can't ride your back unless it's bent."
~•~

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
~•~

"A nation that continues year after year to spend
more money on military defense than on programs
of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom."
~•~

"A right delayed is a right denied."
~•~

"At the center of non-violence stands
the principle of love."

~•~

Martin Luther King's Birthday is observed tomorrow in the U.S.
Please take time to listen to his "I Have a Dream Speech".
Click link below to view.


I Have a Dream Speech by Martin Luther King, Jr.
August 28, 1963


1 comment:

  1. I think this quote is one of the best. Actually it's very Catholic Christian in thought and idea and action:

    "All labor that uplifts humanity
    has dignity and importance,
    and should be undertaken with
    painstaking excellence."

    I also love this quote:

    "A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."

    The above quote is very Christian also. Jesus talks about the theme of death and resurrection all the time. "Unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it has no life in it," would be just one verse that comes to mind.

    But now I am thinking of another slant on the quote which is just a thought of mine. It is true that "a man who won't die for something is not fit to live." It's also true, however, that it may be harder to live for something you believe in, than to die for it. To really live well. If you are to live for a cause, and to live for the Lord, it is harder sometimes, than to die.

    Jesus may ask you, "Yes, you said you would die for me, but will you live for me? What will you say? Are you living an inspiring life now, giving your all for Him and what He would have you do in your life?

    Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now, I can give this speech in Val's blog, because she is my Sister, LOL, and she lets me! Love you, Sissy!

    krissy knox :)
    Visit my main blog: Sometimes I Think
    follow me on twitter:
    http://twitter.com/iamkrissy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):