Sunday, June 14, 2009

Quotes and a Verse for Father's Day...





Quotes and a Verse for Father's Day

"Honor thy father and thy mother."
- Matthew 19:19
<><
"It is a wise father that knows his own child."
- William Shakespeare
<>
"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand
to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished
at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
- Mark Twain
<>
"One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters."
- George Herbert
<>
"Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance."
- Ruth E. Renkel
<>

"Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad."
- Anne Geddes
<>
"When a father gives to his son, both laugh;
when a son gives to his father, both cry."
- A Jewish Proverb
<>
"Are we not like two volumes of one book?"
- Marceline Desbordes-Valmore
<>

"One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God,
Make me the kind of man my daddy is. Later that night, the father
prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be."
- Author Unknown
<>

"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for
a father's protection."
- Sigmund Freud
<>
"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to
love their mother."
- Henry Ward Beecher
<>
"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right,
he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong."
- Charles Wadsworth
<>
"It doesn't matter who my father was;
it matters who I remember he was."
- Anne Sexton





Idea: I will be posting fun and funny dad quotes tomorrow.
Why not print out these quotes and/or tomorrow's and tuck
into your dad's card for Father's Day. Val =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):