Monday, February 21, 2011

Funny Quotes for President's Day...



Funny Quotes From U.S. Presidents


“An amazing invention -
but who would ever want to use one?”
- Rutherford B. Hayes,
sharing his thoughts on the telephone


"I have often wanted to drown my troubles,
but I can't get my wife to go swimming."
- Jimmy Carter


"I have orders to be awakened at any time
in the case of a national emergency - even
if I'm in a cabinet meeting."
- Ronald Reagan


"You can tell a lot about a fellow's character
by his way of eating jellybeans."
- Ronald Reagan


"I have opinions of my own - strong opinions -
but I don't always agree with them."
- George Bush


"People who like this sort of thing will find this
the sort of thing they like."
- Abraham Lincoln


"I don't know who my grandfather was;
I am much more concerned to know what
his grandson will be."
- Abraham Lincoln


"When the President does it,
that means that it's not illegal."
- Richard Nixon


"Things are more like they are now than
they ever were before."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower


"I try to go for longer runs, but it's tough around
here at the White House on the outdoor track...
It's sad that I can't run longer. It's one of the
saddest things about the Presidency."
- George W. Bush


"You lose."
- Calvin Coolidge, after a woman told him she
made a bet that she could get at least three
words of conversation from him


“Blessed are the young,
for they will inherit the national debt.”
- Herbert Hoover



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):