Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Funny - Importance of Punctuation...





Importance Of Punctuation


Dear John Letter

Version 1:

Dear John,
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind,
thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior.
You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings
whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will you let me be
yours? Gloria

Version 2:

Dear John,
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind,
thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior.
You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings
whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?
Yours, Gloria

* * *

The Sentence

An English professor wrote the words, "A woman without her
man is nothing" on the blackboard and directed the students
to punctuate it correctly.

The men wrote: "A woman, without her man, is nothing."

The women wrote: "A woman: without her, man is nothing."



3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, the importance of punctuation changes the entire meaning for sure!

    Good Post............Cute

    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I'm not saying either way whose message I agree with more, the men's or the women's, LOL. But I will say that in the example you gave us, the men's punctuation was more correct than the women's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I am on the other side with this one. I could agree with the woman's punctuation much better than the man's. I think the woman was right here, but it's just punctuation, so that doesn't mean I am right. Like you said, it's all a matte of punctuation! Love you, Merry

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):