Friday, April 23, 2010

Edgar Allan Poe Quotes...


Edgar Allan Poe Quotes


"Words have no power to impress the mind
without the exquisite horror of their reality."
l

"I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat."
l

"I would define, in brief, the poetry of words
as the rhythmical creation of Beauty."
l

"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development,
invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears."
l

"There is an eloquence in true enthusiasm."
l

"We loved with love that was more than love."
l

"I became sane with long intervals of horrible sanity."
l

"If you wish to forget anything on the spot,
make a note that this thing is to be remembered."
l

"I have great faith in fools -
my friends call it self-confidence."
l

"The true genius shudders at incompleteness -
and usually prefers silence to saying something
which is not everything it should be."
l

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things
that escape those who dream only at night."
l

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."
l

"Once upon a midnight dreary,
while I pondered weak and weary... "

Do you have a favorite?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite is the one about making notes to remember things. I almost always make a shopping list and then forget to take it with me to the market.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):