Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dog Quotes and a Verse...



Dog Quotes and a Verse


"A righteous man cares for the needs
of his animal... "
- Proverbs 12:10
<><
"Dogs are not our whole life,
but they make our lives whole."
- Roger Caras
~
"My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet."
- Edith Wharton
~
"The dog is a gentleman;
I hope to go to his heaven, not man's."
- Mark Twain
~
"Dogs are the only thing on earth that loves you more
than he loves himself."
- Josh Billings
~
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures;
they give unconditional love.
For me they are the role model for being alive."
- Gilda Radner
~
"Dogs have given us their absolute all.
We are the center of their universe.
We are the focus of their love and faith and trust.
They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt
the best deal man has ever made."
- Roger Caras
~
"There is no psychiatrist in the world like
a puppy licking your face."
- Ben Williams
~
"Happiness is a warm puppy."
- Charles M. Schulz
~
"Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked
in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives."
- Sue Murphy
~
"Dogs lives are too short. Their only fault, really."
- Agnes Sligh Turnbull
~
"Every dog has his day -
but the nights are reserved for the cats."
- Author Unknown
~
"I named my dog Stay so I can say,
'Come here, Stay. Come here, Stay.'"
- Steven Wright
~
"A blind bloke walks into a shop with a guide dog.
He picks the dog up and starts swinging it around his head.
Alarmed, a shop assistant calls out: 'Can I help, sir?'
'No thanks,' says the blind bloke. 'Just looking.'"
- Tommy Cooper

1 comment:

  1. There is probably no quote that would do justice to expressing my feelings about my dogs.
    But hey, these are awesome and come close!!
    Thanks for the warmth they bring to me to read them.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):