Fun and Funny Quotes by Famous Athletes
"Nobody in football should be called a genius.
A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
- Joe Theismann
"I wan' all dem kids to do what I do, to look up to me.
I wan' all the kids to copulate me."
- Andre Dawson, Chicago Cubs outfielder
"I'd run over my own mother to win the Super Bowl."
- Joe Jacobi, Redskins
"To win, I'd run over Joe's Mom, too."
- Matt Millen, Raiders, upon hearing Joe Jacobi's statement
"You guys line up alphabetically by height.",
"You guys pair up in groups of three,
and then line up in a circle."
- Bill Peterson, Florida State football coach
"My sister's expecting a baby,
and I don't know if I'm going to be an aunt or an uncle."
- Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball player
"I told him, 'Son, what is it with you?
Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said,'Coach,
I don't know and I don't care.'"
- Frank Layden, Utah Jazz president, on a former player
"I can go to my left or right, I am amphibious."
- Charles Shackelford, NC State
"That's so when I forget how to spell my name,
I can still find my clothes."
- Stu Grimson, Chicago Blackhawks left wing,
explaining why he keeps a color photo of himself
above his locker
"He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings."
- Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver
"I want to rush for 1,000, or 1,500 yards,
whichever comes first."
- George Rogers, New Orleans Saint running back