Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Influence Quotes and a Verse...




Mother's Influence Quotes and a Verse

"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw.
All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in
life to the moral, intellectual and physical education
I received from her."
- George Washington

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always
followed me. They have clung to me all my life."
- Abraham Lincoln

"There never was a woman like her. She was gentle as a
dove and brave as a lioness... The memory of my mother and
her teachings were, after all, the only capital I had to start life
with, and on that capital I have made my way."
- Andrew Jackson

"I cannot forget my mother. She is my bridge.
When I needed to get across, she steadied herself long
enough for me to run across safely."
- Renita Weems

"My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort,
happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words
but I always remember the tune."
- Graycie Harmon

"To describe my mother would be to write about
a hurricane in its perfect power."
- Maya Angelou

"It seems to me that my mother
was the most splendid woman I ever knew.
I have met a lot of people knocking around the world since,
but I have never met a more thoroughly refined woman
than my mother. If I have amounted to anything,
it will be due to her."
- Charles Chaplin

"My mother is a poem I'll never be able to write,
though everything I write is a poem to my mother."
- Sharon Doubiago

"My mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart -
a heart so large that everybody's joys found welcome in it,
and hospitable accommodation."
- Mark Twain

"My mother never gave up on me. I messed up in school so much
they were sending me home, but my mother sent me right back."
- Denzel Washington

"My mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier you'll be a General;
if you become a monk you'll end up as the Pope.' Instead,
I became a painter and wound up as Picasso."
- Pablo Picasso

"My mom is literally a part of me. You can't say that about
many people except relatives, and organ donors."
- Carrie Latet

"I miss thee, my Mother! Thy image is still
the deepest impressed on my heart."
- Eliza Cook

"A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her."
- Proverbs 31:10, 25-28






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):