Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's Jokes...





Lecture on New Year's Eve

On New Year’s Eve, Dan was in no shape to drive, so he
sensibly left his van in the car park and walked home. As he
was wobbling along, he was stopped by a policeman. "What
are you doing out here at four o’clock in the morning?" asked
the police officer.

"I’m on my way to a lecture," answered Dan.

"And who in their right mind is going to give a lecture at this
time on New Year’s Eve?" enquired the constable sarcastically.

"My wife," slurred Dan grimly.



A New Year's Day Prayer for the Elderly

God, grant me the senility to forget the people
I never liked anyway,
The good fortune to run into the ones that I do,
And the eyesight to tell the difference.
Amen.



New Year's Day Prayer for One and All

Dear Lord,

So far this year, I've done well.

I haven't gossiped or lost my temper. I haven't been greedy,
grumpy, nasty, selfish, or over-indulgent. I'm very thankful
for that. But in a few minutes, Lord, I'm going to get out of
bed, and from then on I'm probably going to need a lot more
help.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):