Thursday, January 20, 2011

Joke - The Wish...



The Wish

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer.
Suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming
voice, the Lord said, "Because you have tried to be faithful
to Me in all ways, I will grant you one wish."

The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over
anytime I want."

The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of
the enormous challenges I would face for that kind of
undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of
the Pacific and the concrete and steel needed would nearly
exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard
for Me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little
more time and think of something that would honor and
glorify Me."

The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord,
I wish that I could understand my wife. I want to know how
she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the
silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says,
'nothing's wrong' and how I can make her truly happy."

The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):