Monday, December 7, 2009

Fun and Funny Food Quotes...




Fun and Funny Food Quotes


“The most remarkable thing about my mother is that
for 30 years she served the family nothing but leftovers.
The original meal has never been found.”
- Sam Levinson
1

“This recipe is certainly silly. It says to separate two eggs,
but it doesn’t say how far to separate them.”
- Gracie Allen
1

“I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead - not sick,
not wounded - dead.”
- Woody Allen
1

“I’ve been on a constant diet for the last two decades.
I’ve lost a total of 789 pounds. By all accounts,
I should be hanging from a charm bracelet.”
- Erma Bombeck
1

“I told my doctor I get very tired when I go on a diet,
so he gave me pep pills. Know what happened? I ate faster.”
- Joe E. Lewis
1

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink,
you wash your face.”
- Enrico Caruso
1

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti."
- Sophia Loren
1

“Artichokes … are just plain annoying …
After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much
actual ‘food’ out of eating an artichoke as you would
from licking thirty or forty postage stamps.
Have the shrimp cocktail instead.”
- Miss Piggy
1

“Health food makes me sick.”
- Calvin Trillin
1

“Old people shouldn’t eat health foods.
They need all the preservatives they can get.”
- Robert Orben
1

"Be a Froot Loop in a world of Cheerios."
- Sandra R.

3 comments:

  1. Hay Val, my favorite is the Sophia Loren one about spaghetti.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't eat Oysters either!

    I won't eat most of these things. But I do want Santa to stop here.

    xoxo
    Merry

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great!
    “The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for 30 years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.” - Sam Levinson
    (Just read this one to John, he is laughing hysterically, and you and I, Val, both know he doesn't do that!)

    “I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead - not sick, not wounded - dead.” - Woody Allen
    (John really laughing at this one also!)

    “I’ve been on a constant diet for the last two decades.
    I’ve lost a total of 789 pounds. By all accounts,
    I should be hanging from a charm bracelet.”
    - Erma Bombeck
    (John REALLY likes this one! So do I!)

    “Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”
    - Enrico Caruso
    (John is laughing. This one is MY FAVORITE!!!)

    Or maybe this is my favorite, along with John's:
    "Be a Froot Loop in a world of Cheerios."
    - Sandra R.

    Thanks, Valerie, for such a great post!

    love you, krissy :)

    my main blog:
    http://sometimesithink-krissy.blogspot.com

    former AOL jlanders, add your blogs to our directory of blogs:
    http://fromjlandtoblogger.blogspot.com

    check out & connect with me on twitter:
    http://twitter.com/iamkrissy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):