Waiting in Line
Here are the reasons I'd Like to thank Wal-Mart, K-Mart,
Target, and my local grocer for having 25 check-out lanes
and only three open at any given time.
Here are some creative ways to spend your time:
* Catch up on magazine reading.
* Retrieve the 13 things you forgot on your list.
* Be an annoying cell phone user and catch up on all the
phone calls to your insurance agent, mother-in-law,
and Auntie Anne.
* Catch a quick cat nap.
* Assess what other people have in their carts and get
exciting new dinner ideas.
* Finally apply a top coat of nail polish with plenty
of drying time.
* Run next door and pick up your dry cleaning.
* Practice your stand-up comedy routines on unsuspecting
* Practice some standing yoga poses.
* Taste a cookie in the package of the newest low-carb,
zero-transfat, Splenda-saturated cookies.
* Breathe heavily on your T-bones so they're defrosted in
time for dinner so you won't have to leave them out on
the driveway in the hot late afternoon sun like you