Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Joke - Patience is a Virtue...




Patience is a Virtue

A gentleman was lonely and decided life would be more fun with a pet friend.

He went to the pet store and told the owner that he wanted to buy an unusual
pet. After some discussion, he finally bought a centipede that came in a little
white box. He took the box and pet back home and the centipede settled in.

That night the fellow decided to take his new pet to the bar to have a drink. He
bent over the box and asked the little furry creature, "Would you like to go to
Frank's with me and have a beer?"

There was no answer from his new pet. This worried him a bit, but he waited a
few minutes and asked him again, "How about going to the bar and having a drink
with me?"

Again, there was no answer from his new friend and pet. So he waited a few
more minutes while assessing the situation. He decided to ask him one more time,
while putting his face up against the centipede's house, and shouting, "Hey,
in there! Would you like to go to Frank's place and have a drink with me?!!"

A little voice came out of the box, "I heard you the first time! I'm putting my
darn shoes on!"

3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes. I like this one. It reminds me of the joke I think I told you already: a grasshopper goes into a bar. The bartender says, "You know, we have a drink named after you." The grasshopper says "Really? You have a drink named Steve?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, Thanks for the laughs, you do it with style and grace and manage to still be a riot!
    Love,
    Merry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate centipedes! This joke is scary! I just told it to John, who despires centipedes and he burst out laughing! I'm surprised.

    Groaning, DB!

    krissy knox :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):