Monday, September 13, 2010

Fun and Funny Quotes From Sports Figures...





Fun and Funny Quotes From Sports Figures


“I can play in the center, on the right, and occasionally
on the left side.”
- soccer player David Beckham, when asked if
he was a “volatile” player.


"I can't really remember the names of the clubs that we went to."
- Shaquille O'Neal on whether he had visited
the Parthenon during his visit to Greece.


"You guys line up alphabetically by height," and...
"You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle."
- Bill Peterson, Florida State football coach


“Half this game is ninety-percent mental.”
- Danny Ozark,
Philadelphia Phillies manager


"I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first."
- New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers, when asked
about the upcoming season.


"Son, looks to me like you're spending too much time on one subject."
- Shelby Metcalf, basketball coach at Texas A&M,
recounting what he told a player who received
four Fs and one D.


"He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings."
- Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver,
on his coach, John Jenkins.


"I told him, 'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?'
He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.'"
- Frank Layden, Utah Jazz President, on a former player.


"Because she is too dang ugly to kiss good-bye!"
- Oiler coach, Bum Phillips, when asked by Bob
Cost why he takes his wife on all road trips.


"There's more to boxing than hitting.
There's no getting hit, for instance."
- Boxer George Foreman


Upon hearing Joe Jacobi of the Redskins say:
"I'd run over my own mother to win the Super Bowl,"
Matt Millen of the Raiders said:
"To win, I'd run over Joe's Mom, too."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or Santa won't come to your house =):